comprehensive view of HIT by examining healthcare regulatory requirements, the functions of a healthcare organization and its medical business operations in addition to IT hardware, software, networking, and security.
My academic writing includes the following refereed publications:
- McIntosh, L., Haddad, B., Revels, M.A. (2019). Utilization of lidar technology to assess vertical clearances of civil infrastructures. International Journal of Applied Science and Technology. 2019(4).
- Revels, M.A., Ciampa, M. (March, 2018). Can software defined radio be used to compromise ADS-B aircraft transponder signals? Journal of Transportation Security. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12198-018-0188-y
- Thrasher, E., Ciampa, M., Revels, M.A. (2016). Social media use in academics: Undergraduate perceptions and practices. i-manager’s Journal of Educational Technology. 12(4), 10-18.
- Nussbaumer, H., Revels, M.A. (2016). US airports’ perspective on airlines’ fleet mix and its impact on capacity. Journal of Airport Management. 2016(1), 168-179.
- Revels, M.A., Nussbaumer, H. (2013). Data mining and data warehousing in the airline industry. Academy of Business Research Journal. 2013(4). Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2519737
- Ciampa, M., Thrasher, E., Marston, S., Revels, M.A. (2013). Is acceptance of e-textbooks discipline dependent? Comparing business and non-business student perceptions. Research in Higher Education Journal. 2013(9).
- Revels, M.A., Ciampa, M. (2012). Student access to online interaction technologies: The impact on grade delta variance and student satisfaction. The Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration. 15(5).
- Ciampa, M., Revels, M.A. (November, 2012). The effect of self-remediation activities on undergraduate student retention. Kentucky Journal of Excellence in College Teaching and Learning.
- Minor, J., Ciampa, M., Revels, M.A. (2012). Performance pay and its use of technology for secondary education. Kentucky Business Education Journal. 2012.
- Revels, M.A., Morris, M. (2012). Technology impacts in organizational recruitment and retention. Business & Law Review Journal. 12(1), 56-63.
- Thrasher, E., Revels, M.A. (2012). The role of information technology as a complementary resource in healthcare integrated delivery systems. Hospital Topics. 90(2), 23-32.
- Revels, M.A. (2011). Career counseling using personality types. Leadership & Organizational Management Journal. 11(4), 34-39.
- Revels, M.A., Ciampa, M. (2012). Benchmarking comparison of VMware and Sun Virtual Box OSE. ACET Journal of Computer Education and Research. (7)1
- Contacos-Sawyer, J., Revels, M.A., Ciampa, M. (2011). Business compensation design plan processes in the human resource consulting industry. The Business Journal for Entrepreneurs. 11(4), 123-129.
- Ciampa, M., Revels, M.A. (2011). Online vs. local password management applications: An analysis of user training reactions. Journal of Applied Security Research. 6(4), 449-466.
- Revels, M. A., Kane, J.C. (2011). Impacts of globalization and technology on compensation. Insights to a Changing World. 11(2), 94-107.
- Revels, M. A., Minor, J., Ciampa, M. (2011). Knowledge management and training assessment: A case study at the secondary education level. Kentucky Business Education Journal. 2011, 11-12, 29.
- Revels, M. A., Kane, J.C. (2010). Future trends and technology impacts in human resource management. The Business Journal for Entrepreneurs. 10(4), 113-125.
- Contacos-Sawyer, J., Revels, M.A., Ciampa, M. (2010). High performance work systems for online education. The Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration. 13(3).
- Revels, M. A., Kane, J.C. (2010). The changing role of the human resource function. The Leadership & Organizational Management Journal, 10(3), 49-54.
- Revels, M. A. (2010). The effects of computer mediated communication on computer-based training. Journal of Executive Education, 9(1), 45-63.
- Revels, M. A., Ciampa, M. (2010). Learning and computer mediated communication. Global Education Journal. 10(3), 25-45.
Non-refereed publications include:
- Revels, M.A. (December, 2014). Effectively using CW software tools. CQ Amateur Radio.
- Ciampa, M., Revels, M.A. (March, 2012). Introduction to Healthcare Information Technology. Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning.
- Revels, M. A. (2008). Defining data mining. In A. Koohang, K. Harman & J. Britz (Eds.) (2008). Knowledge management: Theoretical foundations. Santa Rosa, CA: Informing Science Press.
I am also a guest blogger at Geteducated.com.
To learn about my speaking, click here.
Mark Revels’ Writing